WordPress (mistakenly, but often, written as Wordpress) is open-source content management software, which source code is published on https://wordpress.org. WordPress is coded with PHP and uses MySQL as its database.
- Advantages of the system:
- Basic functionality is free of charge.
- Fast and easy download. The process itself will take about 5 minutes. You don't have to go into technical details. Even beginners will be able to understand the process.
- Cross-platform. WordPress is easy to install on a website. You don't have to install any specialized software on your computer. You can manage your site from any operating system. The only requirement is an Internet connection.
- Built-in editor. It is easy to use. You can format and insert multimedia content with a few taps.
- Features include a plugin architecture and a template system, referred to within WordPress as "Themes".
|User with access to the site network administration features and all other features.
|User who has access to all the administration features within a single site.
|User who can publish and manage posts including the posts of other users.
|User who can publish and manage their own posts.
|User who can write and manage their own posts but cannot publish them.
|User who can only manage their profile.
Some themes allow for global custom CSS.